Friday 12 May 2017

The Crocodile Bit my Back


When your son wakes up from a dream crying non-stop and tells you "the crocodile bite my back", what do you do? The first thing as a mommy/daddy you would do is immediately comfort him.

I must admit I was a bit broken with sadness when my four year old woke up crying and mumbling this complaint " the crocodile bite my back". I could not understand what he said at first but when I did I quickly began comforting him. I had to let him know he was no where near an area where a crocodile could get to him. Then the dream became funny to me! I'm here thinking, "a crocodile?"  I laughed in my thoughts. "How could that be? Why would he of all things, think of a crocodile!!! hahaha", I continued to joke about his dream trying to analyse the whole scenario.

Then suddenly I heard God speaking to me! "That's not something to laugh at. It's not a joke. Your son told you a crocodile bit his back, you should cover him in prayer and rebuke this dream." I went ahead and prayed over him; covering him with the blood of Jesus Christ and praying against any attack over his life. Anything the devil and his demons had planned for him was broken by the blood of Jesus Christ that morning through my obedience to what God instructed me to do. It also made me realize my fault, laughing at something that  should be taken seriously, God rebuked me immediately.  Too often we joke, laugh and slack off, when we should actually be praying and covering our children, husband, family, etc.. with the Blood of Jesus Christ.
Again I was corrected; "if I can give you dreams who says he can't be given dreams too". He is human just as I am. He isn't too young for God to give him a vision to share with me or to caution him so me as his mommy can begin praying against! We should not take these things lightly. Had I just comforted him like every mommy/daddy should do and ended it here, who knows what could have happened to him later on. We never truly know what the enemy (the devil) has in store for our children, so we can't take anything, especially negative dreams for granted. These are in fact notifications from God to us to prepare for the enemy's attack.

I just want to encourage us as parents to take time to talk to our children, listen to them and pray with and for them. Don't discredit anything they say as insignificant;It's just a bad dream, a bad day etc.. because it's not. That's just what our enemy wants us to believe. The devil is like a roaring lion seeking someone to devour. Let's always remember that his goal is really to kill, steal and destroy everyone but especially our little ones. If he can get them while they are young then that's a bonus for him; he can easily destroy their future, the man or woman Christ has already destined them to be. Our children belong to the Lord! Let's cover them and up hold them in prayer! If you don't, then who will? 

P.S
 Set time within you busy mommy and/or daddy schedules to cover your children in prayer. Pray without ceasing and trust that God will take care of them. We have an enemy among us who is always strategizing to take our children from us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment